Our structure allows tests that include the evaluation of products connected to the public network and the analysis of products from private telecommunications networks, such as analog telephones including wireless, cable modem and protocol evaluation in general.
The laboratory has sufficient structure to carry out the complete characterization of products that interface with the fixed switched analog telephone network (subscriber phones or devices with this function), including the FXS and FXO interfaces of products that have such connections, including here the residential gateway (cable modem).
This includes the mechanical, electrical and electroacoustic characterization of these types of terminals.
The laboratory has a CTMS network simulator (Cable Modem Termination System), where it is possible to make functional checks and exercise the various ports of the instrument under test (coaxial, ethernet and RJ-11 ports).
Focused on the analysis of protocols, the Laboratory of Networks and Telecommunications Services has an IPv6 protocol analysis system for products connected to fixed networks, WiFi networks and mobile networks.
For IPv6 protocol testing on products with an Ethernet network topology, the test scope is based on the following standards:
- IPv6 Ready – Phase-1/Phase-2 Test Specification Core Protocols – Technical Document – Revision 4.0.6
- RFC 2460 – Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Specification
- RFC 4861 – Neighbor Discovery for IP Version 6
- RFC 4862 – IPV6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
- RFC 1981 – Path MTU Discovery for IP Version 6
- RFC 4443 – Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMPv6)
For details on the available testcases, click here.
For protocol tests on products that interface with the mobile cellular network, the scope is mainly based on the following standards:
- 3GPP TS 36.523-1 – 3rd Generation Partnership Project; Technical Specification Group Radio Access Network; Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA) and Evolved Packet Core (EPC); User Equipment (UE) conformance specification; Part 1: Protocol conformance specification (Release 12)
- IPv6 ready core
- ETSI TS 102 514 – Methods for Testing and Specification (MTS); Internet Protocol Testing (IPT): IPv6 Core Protocol; Requirements Catalog
The complete list of test cases can be checked here.